BR Distribuidora is now Vibra Energia
One of the country’s largest energy companies is born from the leading distributor of oil products
Continuing its organizational transformation process, BR Distribuidora, already consolidated as a corporation, is now called Vibra Energia, repositioning itself in the market as an energy company. The new company is already born with 50 years of experience and tradition, while at the same time it will favor the transition towards cleaner and renewable energy sources, in line with the best practices of respect for the environment, society and corporate governance.
Vibra maintains, through a licensing agreement, the Petrobras flag in its network of nearly eight thousand service stations throughout the country. The BR Mania convenience stores and the Lubrax+ automotive centers will also be maintained. Likewise, the commercialization of the top of mind Lubrax line of lubricants will continue. In the corporate segment, there are around 18 thousand customers, in segments such as industries, transporters, thermoelectric plants, agriculture and aviation, the latter of which will continue to be served by the BR Aviation brand.
Vibra’s logistics structure has 44 bases operated by BR, stakes in 16 joint bases (pool with partner(s)), 26 joint storages with other distributors, 8 storages in ports and 4 logistics operators, totaling 95 operating units. We also have 11 lubricant depots, 4 lubricant logistics operators and we operate in more than 100 airports, all strategically distributed throughout the five Brazilian regions. With this platform, we are able to efficiently meet the demands of all our customers in any Brazilian city. We are the market leader in the distribution of fuels and lubricants in the country in terms of sales volume, highlighting the excellence and quality of products and services offered in all business segments:
In the energy market, Vibra has been operating through the trader Targus, of which it owns 70%. In addition to operating in the free energy market, Targus also offers distributed generation solutions for customers connected to low voltage.
- Rede de Postos: Consists of the sale of petroleum-derived fuels, lubricants, natural gas for vehicles, biofuel and the Company’s convenience products through our resale;
- B2B: Consists of the sale of fuels, petroleum products, lubricants and the provision of associated services in all operating segments in the Company’s large consumer market;
- Aviation: Consists of the sale of aviation products and services at the country’s airports to national and foreign airlines;
- Energy: Consists of operating in the Free Trade Environment (ACL), through the trader Targus. We also operate in the distributed generation and energy solutions segment, with peak-hour energy generation projects, energy efficiency and energy conservation.
- Corporate: Segment where items that cannot be attributed to other areas are allocated, notably those linked to corporate financial management, overhead related to Central Administration and other expenses, including actuarial expenses related to pension and health plans for retirees and pensioners.